With the announcement from Dr. Bonnie Henry on July 1st and our diocesan bishop John Stephens’ direction, St. Martin’s is now ready to take the next steps in worship and group gatherings. As a faith community, we have worked to stay safe and connected. Some of us are more than ready to engage in group activities, others are not fully vaccinated or have health concerns that make us more cautious. We will continue to offer hybrid models of fellowship that include as many as fully as possible. We support your decisions to interact as you feel comfortable and ask you to respect the needs of others to feel safe.
We will start gradually this coming Sunday, July 4th, with our 10 am Book of Common Prayer Eucharist. You can expect:
· Masks and hand-sanitizing will continue to be encouraged
· Physical distancing will still be encouraged
· Congregational singing will slowly be re-introduced after this Sunday
· Communion will be with wafers but no common cup yet
· Practice of “no touch” greetings and Passing of the Peace
· Options to join the service on site or remotely by Zoom through device or phone
You will not need to:
· Pre-register for services
· Provide contact information (although we’d love to keep in touch with newcomers)
· Observe strict physical distancing for seating, but please respect those who want space between households
· Depart immediately after the service, although there is no formal coffee hour
In the next weeks, the leadership of St. Martin’s will be working out what other face to face events and gatherings we are prepared to begin. Let’s build up our community life for the love of God and neighbour!