- Monday, April 15, 2019
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- St. Martin's Church
- Save to your Calendar
The sanctuary will be open from Holy Monday to Holy Wednesday for Stations of the Cross.
With the aid of a leaflet, this self-directed visit is an opportunity for self-reflection and meditation.
The Stations of the Cross are a 14-step devotion that commemorates Jesus Christ's last day on Earth as a man.
The 14 stations focus on specific events of His last day, beginning with His condemnation. The stations are commonly used as a mini pilgrimage as the individual moves from station to station.
1. Christ condemned to death;
2. The cross is laid upon him;
3. His first fall;
4. He meets His Blessed Mother;
5. Simon of Cyrene is made to bear the cross;
6. Christ's face is wiped by Veronica;
7. His second fall;
8. He meets the women of Jerusalem;
9. His third fall;
10. He is stripped of His garments;
11. His crucifixion;
12. His death on the cross;
13. His body is taken down from the cross; and
14. He is laid in the tomb.
At each station, the individual recalls and meditates on a specific event from Christ's last day. Specific prayers are recited, then the individual moves to the next station until all 14 are complete.