The Leadership Team at St. Martin's are seeking to hire a church maintenance worker for six hours per week at a rate of $16.00 per hour. St. Martin's is a community that strives to welcome everyone. The successful candidate will be welcome to participate in any and all aspects of parish life.
The maintenance worker performs an important role in the running of the parish. He/she interacts with many people, in particular, community user groups, parishioners, the parish administrator, and the parish leadership team. The successful candidate will work in a public environment and must demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills. He/she will work independently and will take the initiative in prioritizing tasks. Basic maintenance skills are necessary. The maintenance worker will report to the Parish Verger or their designate.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Be responsible for the routine upkeep of the church, hall and grounds.
• Blowing leaves, sweeping debris and keeping paths swept
• Snow shoveling paths and contacting snow removal contractors when necessary
• Ensure all supplies are fully stocked (e.g. Paper towels, soap, light bulbs etc.) Expenses will be reimbursed.
• On call for event set up and take down such as the Fall Market, Harvest Dinner and memorial receptions.
• Regular garden maintenance, including memorial garden and surrounding grounds
• Taking/organizing garden refuse to the dump
• Preparing memorial garden plot for funerals
• Ensuring proper maintenance and functioning of irrigation system.
• Replace light bulbs & fuses
• Maintaining the microphone and P.A. systems
• Ensuring that toilets and plumbing fixtures are functioning properly
• To ensure gullies, drains etc., are kept free from debris and responding to drainage problems
As per Diocesan Policy "Screening in Faith", the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal record check and vulnerable person sector search before confirmation of employment.
Please submit a covering letter and a resume. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 31st , 2018
Please email any applications to email@example.com. Applications will not be accepted by hand.